This is my first recipe on the blog, and I’m super excited to share it, since it’s such a family favorite! I’ve loved to cook since I was a kid, helping my mom in the kitchen. Like many families, the kitchen is the heart of our home, and one of my favorite things in the world is expressing my love for family and friends through food. I love taking requests, and I savor the moments when we share stories or gossip about school and work, while preparing meals. I find that it’s a great, pressure-free way to connect with my kids and make fun memories together. It’s also a cool way to bond with my husband, who couldn’t cook much before we got married, but has since become quite good at it.
Jordan and I are pretty picky eaters, but our kids run the gamut from picky to adventurous, and this recipe is one that we all love — even my 11 year-old Travis, who isn’t crazy about cheese. In fact, he’ll only eat cheese in this chicken recipe, pizza, and Mac’ ‘N Cheese. The thing I like about my Crispy Cheddar Ranch Chicken recipe, is that you can play with the ingredients and make it your own. You can swap out boneless chicken breasts, for tenders — or cut the tenders into bite-size nuggets for the kiddos (or the kid in you). You can also substitute different kinds of cheese and herbs, and make it a new meal every night if you want.
In the mood for Italian? Use Parmesan or Asiago cheese, add oregano or Italian seasoning, and serve it with marinara for dipping. Want Mexican? Try Monterrey and Cheddar Jack, with taco seasoning. The possibilities are endless and this is a perfect main dish, for everyone in the family from toddlers to grandparents!
You’ll find that this recipe and all the recipes I share at The Mom Set, are written to serve at least six to eight people —so it’ll come in handy whether you have a big family, or frequently have dinner guests.
- 3 lbs, chicken breasts
- 1 box (6 sleeves), Family Size Town House crackers
- 2 teaspoons, Lawry's Garlic Salt
- 1 tablespoon, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 2/3 cup, whole milk
- 4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon, dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Crush crackers. If using chicken breasts and not tenders, cut each chicken breast into 2-3 large pieces.
- Pour the milk in a bowl and stir in ranch dressing mix. Pour cheese and cracker crumbs into 2 separate small pans. Add garlic salt and parsley pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then the cheese. Press the chicken into the cheese. Then firmly press the cheese-coated chicken into the cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes, until the chicken is crispy and golden brown.